We often overlook the psychological part of the weight loss process and only focus on the physical aspect. It is undoubtedly true that diets and workouts are the key factors responsible for healthy weight loss. But permanent weight loss and weight control require more than that. It requires a lifestyle change.
Studies have shown that our bodies maintain the weight that our mind is comfortable with. The weight loss affirmations work by focusing on the psychological part of the weight loss process.
Weight Loss Affirmations
Weight loss affirmations work on the concept of “you are what you think”. The work affirmation is derived from the Latin word “affirmare” which means to make steady. The positive statements you repeat to boost your confidence and motivation to reach your goal are positive affirmations.
Many negative emotions accumulate and come out physically in the form of weight gain. This is one of the main reasons why exercises and diets fail to help you. Weight loss affirmations work by fixing this negativity inside you and makes you believe in yourself and your goals.
- Losing weight is natural for me.
- I am joyfully achieving my weight loss goals.
- I’m losing weight every single day.
- I love exercising regularly.
- I’m eating foods contributing to my wellbeing.
- I eat only when I feel hungry.
- I now certainly see myself at my ideal weight.
- I adore the taste of healthy food.
- I control how much I eat.
- I enjoy exercising, it makes me feel very good.
- I’m becoming fitter and stronger everyday through training.
- I can easily reach and maintain my ideal weight.
- I love and care for my body.
- I deserve to have a lean, healthy, and attractive body.
- I’m constantly developing healthier eating habits.
Do Weight Loss Affirmations Work?
If you find it difficult to believe in weight loss affirmations, understand how they work. Neuroscientists believe that we create our reality. Your life is a result of what you think and how you feel.
On using weight loss affirmations in a specific way, it is possible to change your deep-rooted beliefs and subconscious negative thinking. As a result of this, new possibilities and positive beliefs start coming in and your reality is given a different shape.
Subliminal Weight Loss Affirmations
Affirmations are of two kinds, regular and subliminal. Where regular affirmations are sent to your conscious mind, subliminal affirmations are sent directly to your subconscious mind. Subliminal affirmations are reportedly more effective for weight loss.
Audio affirmations are recorded in your voice and played at a very high frequency. Because of this high frequency, your conscious mind cannot hear it and they go straight to your subconscious mind.
Positive Self Talk for Weight Loss
Reprogramming our mindset is our sole responsibility and positive self-talk is the first step towards it. Our mindset proves to be the biggest barrier in achieving our weight loss goals. Therefore, it is important to tell ourselves that we are in control and build our confidence.
Self-Talk Examples You Can Practice
- I will take care of my body with love and a good lifestyle.
- I am on the correct path for my weight loss journey and I shall achieve it.
- Eating healthy is a lifestyle that comes naturally to me.
- I’m a strong and determined person who will achieve the fitness goal.
- I will always find time and motivation to exercise.
- I deserve a healthy and fit body.
- I deserve the change that I am looking for.
- I’m worth the efforts I make for myself.
Along with these, you can use any other statements you prefer for positive self-talk. The statement should resonate with you, irrespective of where it came from. Feel free to write and practice your statements.
Learn to accept and encourage yourself, just like you would for a friend. For you to achieve anything, you must believe you will. ‘Will’ is a very powerful word that establishes that you are bound to reach your goal no matter what.
Appreciate the journey of your weight loss and look at yourself determined and ready to change. It will help you reach your goal faster and make the process enjoyable. Your perception of yourself and your reaction to your situation will ultimately decide your reality.